Friday, May 21, 2010

How to Fill The Void in My Life After This Sunday

Your library blogger is already mourning the loss of her favorite television program, which will come to an end this Sunday night. If you too will be feeling "lost" soon, I have a literary-minded suggestion for how to fill the empty hours.

Squidoo.com has the Lost Book List, containing all the books shown or referenced during the series. This includes the titles featured on the shelf in the "hatch," and all of the books James "Sawyer" Ford, the castaways' most prolific bookworm, has been seen reading. (That alone would endear Sawyer to me, but the character also has a special place in this blogger's heart because the actor Josh Holloway grew up in Cherokee County and attended my high school. I didn't get to go to school with him, but I was in marching band with his little brother. Yep, and that is probably the closest brush I will ever have with celebrity. But I digress...)

My suggestion for Life after Lost: join the Lost Book Club! Check out the Lost book list, then come to the library and check out some of the books that have influenced and inspired the series' creators. Not only is it a way to fill the void Lost will leave in our hearts and minds, the books may even inform our understanding of the show. Just in case, you know, heaven forbid, they leave a few questions unanswered...

No comments: