Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Anyone for BBQ?


Oh my goodness, I do love me some BBQ. The new issue of Atlanta Magazine arrived today in the library, boasting reviews of 58 barbecue joints and ranking the top five. There are also tips on where you can get the best Brunswick stew, coleslaw, potato salads, baked beans and banana pudding. It's before lunch, and I'm on a diet. This magazine is killing me. Would you like to know where you can get the finest swine in A-town? Come check it out!

Now that I have whetted your appetites, I have another proposition for you. It seems the playground at Waleska United Methodist Church, also known as Hagan Chapel, is in dire need of repair. In order to raise funds for the project, the church is going to be selling barbecue dinners for $6 apiece this Saturday from 3 to 5 pm. All the fixin's are included. I plan to place an order and feed my whole family this weekend! Want to eat pig for a good cause? Come on out!

Then on July 15, at the Waleska Farmer's Market at Reinhardt University, I understand that Reinhardt's favorite BBQ man Mr. Loose Lip Larry will be doing a cooking demonstration.

At this rate, Waleska and Reinhardt University are going to become prime BBQ destinations in their own right!

No comments: