Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Little-known facts about library staff: Stephanie Olsen


Ever wonder who painted the above painting located in the entrance of the library?
If you look closely, you will see that it is signed by Stephanie Olsen, Interlibrary Loan/ Circulation staff member of our library. The painting is titled Hands on Knowledge.
Stephanie says, “Since art and the written word both communicate information and feelings, it has been a natural balance for me to work in the library and create art, each enhancing the other. Painting is a singular endeavor, so I feel that it is important for me to balance my life by being in an environment where I will be able to interact with people, and what better people than students?”
Stephanie has been painting since she was a child and became enthralled with the graphic art in comic books brought home by her brother. If you would like to see more of her work, you can visit her web site at stephNart.com.

No comments: