Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Let's get reading to rumble!


Wow. I never heard of this before, but I can't stop grinning about it. YALSA, the Young Adult Library Services Association (a division of ALA), and World Wrestling Entertainment sponsor a Wrestlemania-themed Reading Challenge every year for students as part of Teen Read Week. Students from grades 5-6 have to design a bookmark promoting reading. Students from grades 7-12 (and this is the part I love) are supposed to come up with a tag team pairing their favorite WWE wrestler and their favorite literary character and describe how this team would unseat the current WWE tag-team champions.

It's too bad I'm just a little too old to enter. I'd love to see how Thursday Next (from the series by Jasper Fforde) would demolish the Hart Foundation...

No comments: