Friday, July 17, 2009

College...the final frontier..

Hello all!

First of all, I want to welcome the prospective students who are here for Orientation. Reinhardt is a great place to learn and a great place to be, and we encourage you to make the most of your time here! We here at the library are always seeking out new resources for you, exploring new databases, boldly going--oh, wait. I started to sound too much like Star Trek for a second there. It's true, though--we do want to help you on your four-year mission. We hope you'll take advantage of the great resources we have. (Consider us the "bridge" to your academic enterprises! OK, I'm done with the Trek references, I promise).

I've got some great news about some of the events Reinhardt College is planning this upcoming academic year. I'm going to make an "official" blog posting about it on Monday, but first I want to share with you some pictures (above) of our newest displays. These are authentic artifacts from North American Indigenous Peoples, all from the personal collection of library director Michael Martinez.

Have a great weekend (live long and prosper)!

No comments: